Audit Log ¶
Prefect Cloud's Organization and Enterprise plans offer enhanced compliance and transparency tools with Audit Log. Audit logs provide a chronological record of activities performed by Prefect Cloud users in your organization, allowing you to monitor detailed Prefect Cloud actions for security and compliance purposes.
Audit logs enable you to identify who took what action, when, and using what resources within your Prefect Cloud organization. In conjunction with appropriate tools and procedures, audit logs can assist in detecting potential security violations and investigating application errors.
Audit logs can be used to identify changes in:
- Access to workspaces
- User login activity
- User API key creation and removal
- Workspace creation and removal
- Organization member invitations and removal
- Service account creation, API key rotation, and removal
- Billing payment method for self-serve pricing tiers
See the Prefect Cloud plans to learn more about options for supporting audit logs.
Viewing audit logs¶
Within your organization, select the Audit Log page to view audit logs.
Organization admins can view audit logs for:
- Organization-level events in Prefect Cloud, such as:
- Inviting a user
- Changing a user’s organization role
- Users logging in or out of Prefect Cloud
- Creating or deleting a service account
- Workspace-level events in Prefect Cloud, such as:
- Adding a user to a workspace
- Changing a user’s workspace role
- Creating or deleting a workspace
Admins can filter audit logs on multiple dimensions to restrict the results they see by workspace, user, or event type. Available audit log events are displayed in the Events drop-down menu.