These tutorials provide examples of Prefect core concepts and step-by-step instructions on how to use them. For specific examples of how to perform more advanced tasks, check out our guides.
If you have used Prefect 1 ("Prefect Core") and are familiar with Prefect workflows, we still recommend reading through these first steps, particularly Run a flow within a flow. Prefect 2 flows and subflows offer significant new functionality.
Before you start, install Prefect:
pip install -U prefect
See the install guide for more detailed instructions.
If you've never used Prefect before, let's start by exploring the core concepts:
- Flows & tasks - the core elements of Prefect.
- Configuration - enhance your flows and tasks with parameters, retries, caching, and task runners.
- Execution - configure how your flows and tasks run.
- Orchestration - the components of Prefect that enable coordination and orchestration of your flow and task runs.
- Deployments - enable remote flow run execution.
- Storage & Infrastructure - specify where your flow code is stored and how to configure the execution environment.