Welcome to Prefect Cloud ¶
- Flow runs dashboard, including:
- Details of completed and upcoming scheduled flow runs.
- Warnings for late or failed runs.
- Logs for individual flow and task runs.
- Flows observed by the Prefect Cloud API.
- Deployments created on the Prefect Cloud API. You can also use the Prefect Cloud UI to create ad-hoc flow runs from deployments.
- Work queues created to queue work for agents.
- Blocks configured for storage or infrastructure used by your flow runs.
- Notifications configured to alert on flow run state changes.
Prefect Cloud features
Features only available on Prefect Cloud include:
- User accounts — personal accounts for working in Prefect Cloud.
- Workspaces — isolated environments to organize your flows, deployments, and flow runs.
- Organizations — user and workspace management features that enable collaboration for larger teams.
- Service accounts — configure API access for running agents or executing flow runs on remote infrastructure.
- Custom role-based access controls (RBAC) — assign users granular permissions to perform certain activities within an organization or a workspace.
- Single Sign-on (SSO) authentication using your identity provider.
- Audit Log record of user activities to monitor security and compliance.
- Collaborators — invite others to work in your workspace or organization.
- Email notifications — configure email alerts based on flow run states and tags.
When you sign up for Prefect Cloud, a personal account is automatically provisioned for you. A personal account gives you access to profile settings where you can view and administer your:
- Profile, including profile handle and image
- API keys
As a personal account owner, you can create a workspace and invite collaborators to your workspace.
Organizations in Prefect Cloud enable you to invite users to collaborate in your workspaces with the ability to set role-based access controls (RBAC) for organization members. Organizations may also configure service accounts with API keys for non-user access to the Prefect Cloud API.
Prefect Cloud plans for teams of every size
See the Prefect Cloud plans for details on options for individual users and teams.
A workspace is an isolated environment within Prefect Cloud for your flows, deployments, and block configuration. See the Workspaces documentation for more information about configuring and using workspaces.
Each workspace keeps track of its own:
- Flow runs and task runs executed in an environment that is syncing with the workspace
- Flows associated with flow runs and deployments observed by the Prefect Cloud API
- Work queues
- Blocks and storage
When you first log into Prefect Cloud and create your workspace, it will most likely be empty. Don't Panic — you just haven't run any flows tracked by this workspace yet. The next steps will show you how to get started with Prefect Cloud.
An organization is a type of account available on Prefect Cloud that enables more extensive and granular control over workspace collaboration.
Within an organization account you can:
- Invite members to join the organization.
- Create organization workspaces.
- Configure members roles and permissions within the organization and for individual workspaces.
- Create service accounts that have credentials for non-user API access.
See the Organizations documentation for more information about managing users, service accounts, and workspaces in a Prefect Cloud organization.
Service accounts ¶
Service accounts enable you to create a Prefect Cloud API key that is not associated with a user account. Service accounts are typically used to configure API access for running agents or executing flow runs on remote infrastructure.
See the service accounts documentation for more information about creating and managing service accounts in a Prefect Cloud organization.
Roles and custom permissions ¶
Role-based access control (RBAC) functionality in Prefect Cloud enables you to assign users granular permissions to perform certain activities within an organization or a workspace.
See the role-based access controls (RBAC) documentation for more information about managing user roles in a Prefect Cloud organization.
Single Sign-on (SSO) ¶
Prefect Cloud's Organization and Enterprise plans offer single sign-on (SSO) authentication integration with your team’s identity provider. SSO integration can bet set up with identity providers that support OIDC and SAML.
Audit Log ¶
Prefect Cloud's Organization and Enterprise plans offer Audit Log compliance and transparency tools. Audit logs provide a chronological record of activities performed by users in your organization, allowing you to monitor detailed actions for security and compliance purposes.
Start using Prefect Cloud¶
To create an account or sign in with an existing Prefect Cloud account, go to http://app.prefect.cloud/.
Then see Getting Started with Prefect Cloud to set up your profile and workspace, configure your workflow execution environment, and start running workflows with Prefect Cloud.